Friday, April 13, 2007

It's the Rut! Holla!

Brick City, NJ- Lost in the furvor of the Don Imus incident comes news from Rutgers that nobody was expecting. It seems that one of the so called "Nappy-Headed Hos," Rashidat Junaid, bears a striking resemblance to rapper and hip-hop mogul Jay-Z.


When questioned about these allegations, head coach C. Vivian Stringer said: "We don't look at our players as Jay-Z or black or nappy-headed. It's about us as a people. When there is not equality for all, or when there has been denied equality for one, there has been denied equality for all."

The unsuspecting media then got to C. Vivian Stringer continue her full-court press. Apparently this was the 59 year-old black woman's first brush with prejudice. "While they (Rutgers players) worked hard in the classroom and accomplished so much... we had to experience racist and sexist remarks that are abominable, contemptible, deplorable, despicable, ignoble, pitiful, regrettable, and unconscionable..."

After Stringer finished her "I Have a Dream..." speech, Rashidat Junaid approached the podium to address the claim made against her: "I may resemble Jay-Z. My face might look like his face. But I am not Jay-Z. I am Rashidat Junaid, and if you think I look like Jay-Z...well, I can't change that. Your ignorance cannot hurt me. I am Rashidat, and nothing you say will make me anything else."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heya wideworldsports.blogspot.com owner found your site via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://xrumer-service.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic Take care. Jeremy

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home